Monday, September 7, 2009

Confusing Words - II

Choose the correct word to complete the question.

11 Q: He was cooking dinner ______ the football match.

  • while
  • during

12 Q: Could you go to the store and get me some _____?

  • stationary
  • stationery

13 Q: I need to ______ a new button onto my shirt.

  • sow
  • sew

14 Q: You will find the book _____ the lamp on the table.

  • beside
  • besides

15 Q: You can choose from _____ four prizes!

  • between
  • among

16 Q: It's so hot! I need to find some _____.

  • shadow
  • shade

17 Q: _____ his having studied French, he found the course very difficult.

  • Although
  • Despite

18 Q: The movie was _____ boring he fell asleep!

  • such
  • so

19 Q: Try to use your ______ when answering this question.

  • phantasy
  • imagination

20 Q: I _____ about how my friend was doing in Rotterdam.

  • wandered
  • wondered


No comments:

Post a Comment