Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Body Idioms - I

Choose the correct word or phrase to complete the body idiom in the question

1. I called my friend Jane and had a _____ wag.

  • wand
  • chin
  • nod
  • chat

2. The only way to be financially independent is to have a _______ in many pies.

  • finger
  • hand
  • mouth
  • tongue

3. My boy's got a good _____ on his shoulders. I trust him completely.

  • neck
  • brain
  • head
  • chin

4. Don't be a ______ head! Think before you make such important decisions.

  • fist
  • wrist
  • knuckle
  • belly

5. Moving to California was a no-_______!

  • thinker
  • minder
  • brain
  • brainer

6. He's got a sharp ________. He might just get into trouble, if he isn't careful.

  • mouth
  • tongue
  • lips
  • chin

7. Hello! Hello air ______. Can you pay attention, please?!

  • mind
  • brain
  • head
  • skull

8. Our country is armed to the ______. I wish we'd stop spending money on the military.

  • eyes
  • nose
  • chin
  • teeth

9. I'm afraid I'm _____ dead today. Could you repeat that?

  • mind
  • brain
  • head
  • skull

10. Unfortunately, she had a change of _____ and decided not to come.

  • brain
  • stomach
  • heart
  • lung

No comments:

Post a Comment